House Trim rePaint
Aug 15th to ever

Click image for enlargement.
HTML file is d:\website\carey\sum16\trim\scantest.shtml


Here is a "before" picture - from May 2013, not much but the plants has changed. We've never liked the wishy-washy pale green of the trim.

(31:05:2013)

The shutters have been removed for painting. Does the house look better without them??

(16:08:2016)


The corner to the right of the front door - "before."

(16:08:2016)

And without the shutters.

(31:05:2013)

A closer look at the living room window without the shutters.

(16:08:2016)

The bedroom window at the side of the house shows that there is some colour difference behind the shutters. This was taken before the siding was scrubbed and flecks of green paint from a previous painting removed.

(16:08:2016)


Painting started - the frame of the patio door is a darker/brighter green.

(16:08:2016)

Spray station all set up for painting the shutters. There are no pictures of spraying in progress because Sheila bugged off to Nanaimo to go shopping for yarn with some other knitters.

(17:08:2016)


The window of the spare bedroom all finished.

(18:08:2016)

The small window by the front door and the adjacent front bedroom/computer room are finished too.

(18:08:2016)


Early morning painting of the garage door frame to avoid the heat of the day.

(20:08:2016)

The garage door and corner frames all done - the roof edge still needs to be painted.

(20:08:2016)


The house numbers were removed, taken to the shop where they were buffed to a brilliant shine, and put back up.

(20:08:2016)
Getting set up to paint the trim on the living room window.

(21:08:2016)




Doing the top of the window and the fascia.

(21:08:2016)
There is a different ladder for every need.

(21:08:2016)


Window, corners and fascia all painted.

(21:08:2016)
The screen door has been re hung so that it now opens on the same side as the inner door. They have been opposite! And for the first time since we moved in the door is actually straight in the frame.

(27:08:2016)



The shutters are back on and the front of the house is all finished - compare with "before" at the top.

(27:08:2016)
Everything except the trellises has been repainted.

(27:08:2016)
After painting the trim and removing and unused alarm horn from the end of the garage it looked rather plain. We found this hummingbird at a garden centre. After two weeks of hot weather, it was raining when we put it up!

(28:08:2016)
Shed trim was repainted. New door is going to be next.

(10:09:2016)
The last of the windows are done. We got a nice young man to come in and do the ladder works for us.

(30:09:2016)
The last window, in the hardest place to work required the most masking.

(30:09:2016)
Shed door - Slight rebuild as it had been cut (badly) leaving a triangular gap across the top. Patch and paint!

(24:10:2016)
Click the Home button below to return to the main button menu.